Monday, January 11, 2010

Wrestling Journalist Calls Borga Death 'Another Example of Bill Coming Due'

In an email to me, James Caldwell of Pro Wrestling Torch strikes the right balance in reacting to this blog’s item about Tony “Ludvig Borga” Halme. (By the way, I’ve seen both “Ludwig” and “Ludvig,” and I used the former in the previous item, but it appears that the latter is the correct spelling of his World Wrestling Entertainment stage name in 1993-94.)

James writes: “I don’t think there’s any way right now we can accurately link Halme’s death to wrestling, but it’s another example of the ‘bill coming due’ for WWE after pushing steroid bodies in the 1980s, 1990s, and early 2000s. And it’s a big bill.”

I thank James for the comment. And I add:

Bill for trying to buy a U.S. Senate seat for Linda McMahon? Fifty million dollars.

Bill for a senseless body count of dead athletes in a “worked” sport — either directly or indirectly tied to the way the McMahon family has run this business? Priceless.


Irv Muchnick

No comments: