Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Dan Malloy on WWE

Following up on the previous post here, a reader reminds us that this is what former Stamford mayor Dan Malloy, now running for governor, told Brian Lockhart of Hearst two months ago:

Malloy ... compared the WWE to the circus, but was “certainly happy to have them in Stamford.... They add to the vitality. People eat in restaurants, live in your houses, pay your taxes,” Malloy said. “Do I like their form of entertainment? No. Do I think it, from time to time, bordered on obscene or promoted behaviors that I don’t think were particularly healthy? Sure, it did all those things. I don’t think we have to celebrate the company or their executives or elect them senators, but let’s not be Pollyanna about it. People are entitled to be entertained. They choose their entertainment.”


Here, I think, Malloy makes perfect sense.


Irv Muchnick

No comments: