Saturday, April 24, 2010

Promo for Linda McMahon Story in Sunday’s Hearst Newspapers Promises a Bunch of Nothing

“Hearst readies McMahon, WWE Sunday package ...” reads the headline at Connecticut Capitol Report.

The promo in the Greenwich Time promises to go “inside the McMahons’ world of sports entertainment, attending a recent SmackDown event for an up-close look at the theatrics and what some say is a culture of sex, performance-enhancing drugs and violence. And we find out how wrestling die-hards feel about one of the WWE’s founders running for office.”

Pardon my bad manners, but that sounds to me like another concatenated cliché – not the Linda McMahon campaign story that needs to be told as of April 25, 2010.

We’ve already heard plenty from the “die-hards.” What the people of the Nutmeg State need to have thrust in their faces is more information on the “dies.”

Of course, I hope I’m wrong and I’ll be reading Sunday with great interest.


Irv Muchnick

No comments: